Turkey-Lurkey

babies

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Julie and Julia

I don't think I have posted anything about this movie before. I watched it for the first time several months ago when it came out on DVD. I fell in love. I love to cook and this movie is my new obsession now that it is on Starz. There are so many great parts and I love Meryl Streep. I know that any of you fellow IFers out there know why I am writing about it though if you have seen it.

There is 1 small scene, and it is amazing how much a short few seconds can make such an impression. For those of you who don't know *spoiler alert* there is a scene where Julia receives a letter from her newly married sister saying she is pregnant. Julia is so stunned that she has to sit down. She tells her husband and begins to sob. Then tells him that she is just so happy, but you can tell the heartbreak she is feeling. This is something that we are all so familiar with. The thrill of someone close being pregnant but the sadness knowing that you are not. Even as a preggo I still bawled and just felt all of that over again. That heartbreak. I was right there with her.

I know this was a pretty much pointless post, but hey, I was thinking about it.

7 comments:

hhammer said...

That part always makes me cry. But I love the movie.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I haven't seen that movie, but there's a scene in "Up" that just makes me weep. I don't want to ruin the movie if you haven't seen it, but there's a scene that's pretty clearly about either infertility or pregnancy loss that I know you would (or already have) identify with as I did.

I will absolutely put this on my list-to-watch now!

Erin said...

Yep, that was a good movie! A lot of movies seem to be touching on IF a lot lately.

I don't know what that beef gelatin was though, lol!! Yuck!

Leda said...

I saw UP and was happy that we watched it at home. I had to go in the bathroom and just cry for around 20 minutes. It broke my heart and then he was so sad because his wife died and that made me cry to. Wow.

quadmom said...

I haven't seen this movie but I felt the same way during "Up." It really hit home when his wife died, too, because he was all alone. I almost lost it.

Kakunaa said...

That scene was very poignant for me having just found out my sis is pregnant recently. There is a scene near the beginning, too, where she looks longingly at a stroller...*sigh*. Congrats on your pregnancy...hang on through the migraines :) Good luck, and happy ICLW!

Krissi McVicker said...

I have to see this movie!! Happy ICLW! (Stress Free Infertility #90)
BTW, Not ure if I mentioned it but..I added your link recently! ;-)and I would LOVE to feature your success story! Congratulations on your pregnancy!!