Turkey-Lurkey

babies

Monday, January 25, 2010

Month after month after month after month after month after month

I thought I'd give you the play-by-play of my life. This is through the eyes of a 24 year-old veterans eyes. Give or take (most likely give) a few crying sessions.

Here is how my cycles go pretty much every month (give or take a few days depending on how AF is feeling):

CD (cycle day) 1 Take a test first thing in the morning, BFN (big fat negative) of course, cry. Get AF (aunt flo/period). Think, I could still be pregnant, this could be implantation, take another test. BFN. duh. Ball my eyes out.

CD 3-7 Take Clomid. Feel like something is going to happen for sure this month. Turn into the biggest bitch ever. Realize I'm being a bitch, but the Clomid makes it impossible to stop.

CD 8-around 21 Wonder if I actually will ovulate or did ovulate. Take about a million OPKs. Spend a ton of money on them. Check my CM like a crazy woman. Rub it between my fingers and see if it stretches.

CD 14 go to GYN for an ultrasound to check for ovulation

CD 21 got to GYN for progesterone blood draw

CD 21- CD between 29 and 35 Don't drink. Don't do any heavy lifting. No big bumps. Think I am pregnant. Think I'm not. Think I am. Think I'm not. Absolutely know I am. Test. Test. Test. Test. Test. Spend tons of money on HPTs (home pregnancy tests) just in case the cheaper ones are not as good. Get AF. Cry.

Throughout cycle Take prenatals, folic acid and baby aspirin religiously. Cry a zillion times because someone is pregnant and I am not. Think about "this time next year". Keep trying to keep my hopes in perspective. Tell myself I won't be pregnant so if I am I will be pleasantly surprised.

Tomorrow: Stress. Enough said.

No comments: