Turkey-Lurkey

babies

Monday, January 25, 2010

This may be my first time, but I ain't no virgin.

My first official makin a baby blog post! So exciting. I am going to be blogging alllllll about the good, the bad, the ugly and hopefully at some point the beauty of TTC.

I will start with a little bit of back story on us. We (T - my husband and me - I know, I is more appropariate but I don't want to confuse you already) have been TTC (trying to conceive) since June of 2008. That is around 19 cycles. This being #19. How depressing is that? But, I go on. We were married in October of 2008, just a few months after we started trying. I am 24 (November 2009) and T is going to be 30 (January 2010). I had a son in 2003 so we never thought TTC would give us such a problem, I am Fertile Mertle as far as we were concerned. He was not made with T but T is his father.

We have gotten pregnant. February of this year we conceived, got a faint positive in March, then we miscarried at 10 weeks on April 23, 2009. It was the. worst. day. EVER. Losing a child is the worst feeling in the world. But I will talk about this more later I am sure.

Right now I am on CD 10. I took Clomid (a pill to induce ovulation) from CD 3 thru CD 7. Hopefully I will ovulate sometime this coming week. This past cycle was my shortest (29 days instead of the normal 34) so that is great. I go in on Tuesday (CD 14) to check for signs of ovulation through ultrasound. Then I go in on CD 21 to have a blood draw for progesterone. That is pretty much this cycle all summed up. Later, I will go into more detail.

No comments: